Nurse assistants are very important for the health care system, and while the unlicensed assistive nurses do not require extensive health care training, the CNAs (certified nurse assistants) do need thorough, in-depth medical training combined with great interpersonal communication skills to practice their profession. In order to get the certification, the nurse needs to attend approved CNA classes where they will learn more about essential topics like physiology, anatomy, mental health and such. Fortunately for Union City Tennessee students, CNA classes seldom last more than a couple of months and students can also opt for the accelerated versions of the program as well.
The good news about the CNA classes is that they allow you to grow your career faster, they increase your job opportunities and they help you earn a lot more than before. Moreover, the average yearly salary of a certified nurse assistant varies anywhere between $27,000 and $38,000. The CNA needs to perform a wide array of tasks, from taking the vital signs and monitoring the patients to assisting them, assisting in medical procedures and even cleaning up the patient rooms.
Popular CNA Programs In Union City TN
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
An Overview Of CNA Classes
The good news about Union City TN CNA classes is that they are particularly beneficial for entry-level nurses who find it difficult to get a new job, as these classes allow them to overcome the low salary and also gives them new career advancement opportunities. The CNA training rarely exceeds 12 weeks in length, and these courses are certainly a great long-term investment for those who want to become well-trained in their field of activity. Although the requirements may slightly vary upon state, the programs are tailored made to meet the needs of those who attend them. Although these programs can vary, they basically involve the same aspects: helping patients alleviate pain, taking respiration, monitoring their blood pressure and their pulse and so on.
Further Info On Union City, Tennessee
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT
All the CNA courses involve theoretical training and hands-on experience. The nurses will get their practical experienced by exercising their skills and knowledge in nursing homes, hospitals and a wealth of other clinical settings. At the end of the training, nurses will know the basic patient isolation procedures, they will know how to minimize the risk of infection and how to protect the privacy and confidentiality of the patient.
A basic CNA course should not exceed $1,500 in price. Even so, not all students can afford paying for the course, but fortunately there are numerous grants and student aids available. Students who want to enroll in a CNA training program should have a clean criminal history report, a high school diploma and they also need to pass a basic reading test.
Thanks for putting together such a helpful resource. I was able to learn more about all the CNA schools in Tennessee and found one that fit my needs. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!