Nurse assistants are very important for the health care system, and while the unlicensed assistive nurses do not require extensive health care training, the CNAs (certified nurse assistants) do need thorough, in-depth medical training combined with great interpersonal communication skills to practice their profession. In order to get the certification, the nurse needs to attend approved CNA classes where they will learn more about essential topics like physiology, anatomy, mental health and such. Fortunately for Union City Tennessee students, CNA classes seldom last more than a couple of months and students can also opt for the accelerated versions of the program as well.
The good news about the CNA classes is that they allow you to grow your career faster, they increase your job opportunities and they help you earn a lot more than before. Moreover, the average yearly salary of a certified nurse assistant varies anywhere between $27,000 and $38,000. The CNA needs to perform a wide array of tasks, from taking the vital signs and monitoring the patients to assisting them, assisting in medical procedures and even cleaning up the patient rooms.
Popular CNA Programs In Union City TN
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to BSN (licensed RNs only)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Are you ready to advance or start your career inspiring minds and changing lives? Apply to join GCU's prestigious teaching community.
- GCU recognizes the diverse needs in education and creates meaningful experiences through all bachelor's and master's degree programs.
- Traditional college or online programs, GCU offers education degrees for a variety of learning needs – take your pick!
- Earn your master's or bachelor's degree online, on-campus or take individual courses for specific studies.
- Join the GCU heritage and take advantage of the opportunity to engage, instruct and inspire.
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
Brenau Adult and Graduate Studies: Designed with You in Mind
If you are a busy, working adult, Brenau offers professionally focused undergraduate and graduate degrees and professional certification programs in flexible, convenient formats that meet your goals and fit your schedule. Brenau has a rich history of 135 years, with more than 35 years of experience in delivering programs for adults. As a Brenau student, you can schedule your classes in a format that is convenient to you. Many of our programs can be completed 100% online.
- Middle Grades Education (Ed.S.)
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
An Overview Of CNA Classes
The good news about Union City TN CNA classes is that they are particularly beneficial for entry-level nurses who find it difficult to get a new job, as these classes allow them to overcome the low salary and also gives them new career advancement opportunities. The CNA training rarely exceeds 12 weeks in length, and these courses are certainly a great long-term investment for those who want to become well-trained in their field of activity. Although the requirements may slightly vary upon state, the programs are tailored made to meet the needs of those who attend them. Although these programs can vary, they basically involve the same aspects: helping patients alleviate pain, taking respiration, monitoring their blood pressure and their pulse and so on.
Further Info On Union City, Tennessee
All the CNA courses involve theoretical training and hands-on experience. The nurses will get their practical experienced by exercising their skills and knowledge in nursing homes, hospitals and a wealth of other clinical settings. At the end of the training, nurses will know the basic patient isolation procedures, they will know how to minimize the risk of infection and how to protect the privacy and confidentiality of the patient.
A basic CNA course should not exceed $1,500 in price. Even so, not all students can afford paying for the course, but fortunately there are numerous grants and student aids available. Students who want to enroll in a CNA training program should have a clean criminal history report, a high school diploma and they also need to pass a basic reading test.
Thanks for putting together such a helpful resource. I was able to learn more about all the CNA schools in Tennessee and found one that fit my needs. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!