CNA nurses are highly demanded in the health care field as they are certified, skilled, trained and experienced professionals who can deal with a wide array of medical aspects. In order to get the certification, the nurse needs to attend approved CNA classes where they will learn more about essential topics like physiology, anatomy, mental health and such. CNA classes in Rocky Mount Virginia can be either short-term (accelerated programs) or long-term, the former being the most popular choice nowadays because they are more time-effective.
The benefits of attending CNA classes are many: not only do these classes allow you to grow your career faster and more efficiently, but they will increase your salary as well, provide a challenging environment where you can work and help you advance in your career. A certified and experienced nurse assistant can easily earn between $27,000 and $38,000 per year. The CNA needs to perform a wide array of tasks, from taking the vital signs and monitoring the patients to assisting them, assisting in medical procedures and even cleaning up the patient rooms.
#1 CNA Programs Near Rocky Mount VA
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Respiratory Therapy
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Administrator (RN-MSN)
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (RN to MSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
CNA Classes – What Do They Involve?
Despite the fact that Rocky Mount Virginia CNA training is particularly useful for entry-level nurses, these classes can benefit any medical professional who wants to expand their horizons. The length of the CNA classes varies greatly, although they typically last anywhere between 4 weeks to 12 weeks. Although the requirements may slightly vary upon state, the programs are tailored made to meet the needs of those who attend them. Although these programs can vary, they basically involve the same aspects: helping patients alleviate pain, taking respiration, monitoring their blood pressure and their pulse and so on.
More On Rocky Mount, VA
There are many different types of CNA classes, but what all have in common is the tens of hours of requires classroom and laboratory skills demonstrations. The nurses will get their practical experienced by exercising their skills and knowledge in nursing homes, hospitals and a wealth of other clinical settings. After getting their certification, the certified nurse assistants will understand the importance of preventing the patient’s privacy, how to prevent infections, how to transfer patients without causing any trauma and other essential aspects.
Regarding the price of the training, it must be said that a CNA course typically costs around $1,5000. Even so, not all students can afford paying for the course, but fortunately there are numerous grants and student aids available. Students who want to enroll in a CNA training program should have a clean criminal history report, a high school diploma and they also need to pass a basic reading test.
Thanks for putting together such a wonderful resource. I was able to learn more about all the CNA programs in Virginia and found one I really like. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…