CNA nurses are highly demanded in the health care field as they are certified, skilled, trained and experienced professionals who can deal with a wide array of medical aspects. In order to get the certification, the nurse needs to attend approved CNA classes where they will learn more about essential topics like physiology, anatomy, mental health and such. CNA classes in Rocky Mount Virginia can be either short-term (accelerated programs) or long-term, the former being the most popular choice nowadays because they are more time-effective.
The benefits of attending CNA classes are many: not only do these classes allow you to grow your career faster and more efficiently, but they will increase your salary as well, provide a challenging environment where you can work and help you advance in your career. A certified and experienced nurse assistant can easily earn between $27,000 and $38,000 per year. The CNA needs to perform a wide array of tasks, from taking the vital signs and monitoring the patients to assisting them, assisting in medical procedures and even cleaning up the patient rooms.
#1 CNA Programs Near Rocky Mount VA
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
CNA Classes – What Do They Involve?
Despite the fact that Rocky Mount Virginia CNA training is particularly useful for entry-level nurses, these classes can benefit any medical professional who wants to expand their horizons. The length of the CNA classes varies greatly, although they typically last anywhere between 4 weeks to 12 weeks. Although the requirements may slightly vary upon state, the programs are tailored made to meet the needs of those who attend them. Although these programs can vary, they basically involve the same aspects: helping patients alleviate pain, taking respiration, monitoring their blood pressure and their pulse and so on.
More On Rocky Mount, VA
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT
There are many different types of CNA classes, but what all have in common is the tens of hours of requires classroom and laboratory skills demonstrations. The nurses will get their practical experienced by exercising their skills and knowledge in nursing homes, hospitals and a wealth of other clinical settings. After getting their certification, the certified nurse assistants will understand the importance of preventing the patient’s privacy, how to prevent infections, how to transfer patients without causing any trauma and other essential aspects.
Regarding the price of the training, it must be said that a CNA course typically costs around $1,5000. Even so, not all students can afford paying for the course, but fortunately there are numerous grants and student aids available. Students who want to enroll in a CNA training program should have a clean criminal history report, a high school diploma and they also need to pass a basic reading test.
Thanks for putting together such a wonderful resource. I was able to learn more about all the CNA programs in Virginia and found one I really like. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…