CNA nurses are highly demanded in the health care field as they are certified, skilled, trained and experienced professionals who can deal with a wide array of medical aspects. In order to become a certified nurse, a nurse needs to undergo formal education in an educational setting, where they will find out more about subjects like infection control, anatomy, physiology, mental and bodily health, different health issues, nutrition and such. Fortunately for New Port Richey FL students, CNA classes seldom last more than a couple of months and students can also opt for the accelerated versions of the program as well.
The good news about the CNA classes is that they allow you to grow your career faster, they increase your job opportunities and they help you earn a lot more than before. A certified and experienced nurse assistant can easily earn between $27,000 and $38,000 per year. Before enrolling in a CAN training program, it is important to understand that the duties of a certified nurse involve assisting the patient, taking part in medical procedures, monitoring the vital signs and the evolution of the patient and so on.
Top CNA Programs Near New Port Richey FL
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Respiratory Therapy
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Executive Nursing Leadership
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- RN to MSN in Clinical Nurse Educator
- RN to MSN in Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- RN to MSN Informatics Specialization
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- RN to MSN (Online)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
CNA Classes – What Do They Involve?
The good news about New Port Richey FL CNA classes is that they are particularly beneficial for entry-level nurses who find it difficult to get a new job, as these classes allow them to overcome the low salary and also gives them new career advancement opportunities. Although most CNA classes typically last for your weeks, it is not uncommon for a training program to last up to 12 weeks, and these programs are aimed at those who want to get thorough and in-depth knowledge that will benefit them over the years. Although the requirements may slightly vary upon state, the programs are tailored made to meet the needs of those who attend them. Nonetheless, all CNA programs involve basic medical services: understanding medical terms and the human development, helping patients alleviate their pain, taking respiration, pulse and blood pressure as well as helping the patients maintain their independence.
Further Info On New Port Richey, Florida
All the CNA courses involve theoretical training and hands-on experience. The future certified nurse assistants will work in intermediate care facilities, assisted living facilities, hospitals and such: they will get the skills and experience they need in all these different facilities. After getting their certification, the certified nurse assistants will understand the importance of preventing the patient’s privacy, how to prevent infections, how to transfer patients without causing any trauma and other essential aspects.
A basic CNA course should not exceed $1,500 in price. However, there are different grants available as well, for students who are employed and who meet certain criteria. Students who want to enroll in a CNA training program should have a clean criminal history report, a high school diploma and they also need to pass a basic reading test.
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to look into all the CNA programs in Florida and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…